I predicted that this would happen. Sometimes the biggest obstacle in the weight loss journey is the gradual slowing down to a halt without really noticing it. I didn't want to blog because I knew that once I did, I would have to start working harder again. So I am. I keep thinking that I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks so it doesn't really matter and that I can just resume when I get back. That's stupid. There is always going to be something coming up that gives me a reason to procrastinate.
I'm not setting a weight loss goal right now, but a very short term workout plan that I HAVE to stick to. I have to be able to return to my discipline oriented self that once was.
I am going to get up early every weekday for the next 20 days and run for at least 30 minutes. I don't care if I lift weights but I'm going to run. I am also going to eliminate any beverage other than coffee and water for the next 20 days. I will also adhere to zone diet standards for the next 20 days. That's my commitment to myself and anyone who reads this blog. It's embarrassing having to come back to this after being lazy but I'm used to being embarrassed. This fight is not over and I will not give up.
i'm proud of you babe. i'll keep gaining as you keep losing :)
ReplyDeleteway too go man. you have more balls than anyone reading this blog.
ReplyDeletewell done. i need a contract. and some short term goals. i gotta fight with you.
thanks for keeping me inspired!
your honesty is refreshing and there is little doubt in my mind that you will continue to make progress. plateaus are a part of process, be it weight loss, language acquisition, or the construction of the Death Star. press on brother. love you.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. It should get easier but it never does. Char
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I am SOOOO with you on this one! I have lost 72 lbs. and I am only 15 lbs. away from my goal! I too have gotten 'lazy'...I still watch what I eat and have not gained anything, but I will NEVER lose if I don't start to exercise and get off my lazy butt (which is thank goodness a lot smaller, but still jiggles) LOL!!! Good luck and keep us posted...I will do the same!
ReplyDeletedori
ajourneyback2me@blogspot.com
YAY! You're back. I know what you mean, something always comes up and can always be an excuse. I am still recovering from spraining my ankle and while I'm still on crutches I can certainly do some exercise, definitely upper body work, but it's easier to just use my ankle as an excuse to not do anything. It turns out that using crutches is a pretty good workout in itself though :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway...go get em Erik!