Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Bike, a sore butt, a better life

I don't have a lot time this morning but I wanted to add something.  I recently got a bike, a Cannondale F9 mountain bike to be specific.  I am going to start riding this to and from school and maybe to work depending on where I can lock it up at work.  I work downtown in an area where bikes (and cars) sometimes aren't too safe.  I rode to school on this heavenly bike path that follows along the water with mountains in the distance and it only took me about 45 minutes.  That's including having to stop and pull my pant leg out of my gears and being a bit wobbly.  I haven't been on a bike in about 10 years so I'm really having to learn all over again.  I do wear a helmet, every time, in case there are a couple of particular people out there wondering.  You can actually get a ticket for not wearing a helmet even as a cyclist here.  This addition to my healthier lifestyle will accompany my same workout schedule, if I was going to replace my cardio at the gym I would go for a bike ride just for exercise but still lift weights.  It sometimes takes longer to ride the bus than it did for me to ride my bike, just think how fast I could get to school if I was actually good at it.  Well, thats all for now, I'm going to be posting some GOALS on here soon, I just haven't worked out what I want them to be yet.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Wear your helmet!
    When you bike home from school....
    isn't that all uphill?
    Keep blogging. I am enjoying reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good man.

    Wanted to let you know that you can buy straps (velcro things) for your pants that go around the bottom of your pants to keep them out of your chain and gears. Should be able to find them at your local bike shop. They are typically some sort of reflective material also.

    ReplyDelete