M stands for the slope, which would be the rate of change. rise/run.
If M is zero then that would be a horizontal line, such is the rate of my weight loss as of lately.
I predicted this though, right?
The inevitable plateau, the achilles heel of passion addicts like me. People who give a million and ten percent on projects or new ventures, but only until things get normal.
That's why I've had 10 jobs in the last 5 years, and why I've never been at a weight I was happy about.
The work is almost easy compared to the wait. Working out isn't easy physically but I enjoy it enough and it rewards me enough to make it something less than a chore. I like being active, doing stuff I like is easy, that's what I mean by easy.
I hate waiting, I hate not being able to control time and when things happen. So I appreciate God's lesson in patience lately. What an unfortunate thing that "Patience is a virtue" has become such a cliche, it should be a daily revelation. Patience, I've learned, seems to be at the core of success. The success of many a wealthy business heroes has been attributed to patience; the slow, steady building of something strong and powerful.
Patience, to you I tip my hat. I do not like to endure you today but tomorrow I will enjoy your fruit.
I am being transformed into one of those biker fanatics you see on the streets. I've been riding my bike two hours at a time and I love it. Biking (outside) not in the gym, has been the key for staying excited. I'm still doing my 3 lifting sessions a week coupled with some cardio, but I'm spending a lot of time enjoying the outdoors. Once you get past the sore butt syndrome biking just gets more fun everyday.
As far as progress goes, I don't give myself enough credit. I recently raised the amount on almost every weight exercise I've been doing and I can tell my body is starting to go from medium rare to medium. The ultimate goal is well done if you didn't catch the pun. Cook a steak to oblivion and push your finger into it. That's how I want my belly to feel, well done. I'm going to transform the old sayings into new, more real, culinary based sayings. No more "Rock-hard" abs or "Buns of steel". If you had buns of steel there would be a loud clanking sound every time you sat down to go to the bathroom.
That's all I've got for right now. Stop surfing the web and do something.
Remind me to tell you how I learned about plateaus being healthy the other night next time we ichat. Love ya!
ReplyDelete"If you had buns of steel there would be a loud clanking sound every time you sat down to go the bathroom."
ReplyDeleteThat just made my 'been sitting on the can all weekend, sicker than a dog self' feel SO much better.
You rock my flabby world.
you work so hard. i hope that i can get passionate about biking like you, sweetie. i think we'd really have fun exploring the city together. i'll try to get on that wagon. love you.
ReplyDeleteoh metal butts...how funny.
ReplyDeleteclank.
proud of you, thanks for the inspiration and being your passionate self.
love you. your sis.
I bet if I had buns of steel, I could get over the sore-butt syndrome faster and enjoy riding my bike more.
ReplyDeleteAre you wearing a helmet? 85% of the time you fall off your bike, your head is the first thing to hit the ground!! Enjoy your blog. I found out on one of my medical cds that it is healthier to fit and fat than unfit and skinny.... so keep working out!!!
ReplyDeletelove ya
gus